The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

ActionTaskic Goes Open Source Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
This is one of those reasons why OmniFocus needs to hurry up and get on the market.

http://www.kaboomerang.com/blog/

BZ

Interesting... you know, if OmniFocus wants to differentiate, all they have to do is develop tagging contexts. There is no task management software out there that does this... save maybe Outlook. Ok... no task management software out there for the mac...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiralOcean
Interesting... you know, if OmniFocus wants to differentiate, all they have to do is develop tagging contexts. There is no task management software out there that does this... save maybe Outlook. Ok... no task management software out there for the mac...

Yes, Yes, Yes!!!!

Please, please allow multiple contexts per item.

I have tried Actiontastic and it is very far from being a good GTD program. Not criticizing, since it’s merely 0.9.3, but my guess is that OmniFocus’ first release will already be superior to Actiontastic.
I actually prefer to wait than to use software that is incomplete, as a couple of GTD programs are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Nahasapeemapetilon
I have tried Actiontastic and it is very far from being a good GTD program.
How so? (Not being confrontational, not even disagreeing. I'd just like to hear your take on it.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by justG
How so? (Not being confrontational, not even disagreeing. I'd just like to hear your take on it.)
“You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me?”

Oops, that’s another Bob :D

Here’s what I didn’t like:
It’s a beta. It has bugs. One of the key aspects of a GTD system is trustworthiness. I would not trust Actiontastic with my tasks, agendas, etc. At least not yet.

It also lacks some GTD features. For example, I found no option to deal with Delegated items or Waiting For items. These two things are essential to me.

For me the best GTD software I’ve used is ThinkingRock, and version 2 should be available soon. Some people -myself included- are not thrilled about its interface, but in terms of using it to get things done it has been extremely useful.

When I started using it I requested some features. I think they were for reporting purposes. The next release included those features, as well as many others from other users. It has steadily evolved into a very nice program, and version 2 should include many enhancements.

I’ve tried iGTD, Inbox, Actiontastic, and others, and for me Thinking Rock has been the ideal option. Before that it was Kinkless.

Thanks, Bob, appreciate the response. I knew I could count on you for a reasonable explanation. =)