The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > Applying OmniFocus
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

How do I skip a repeating task? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi, I've recently started using all three OF apps and one thing I cannot fathom out is the best way to skip a repeating task, other than to mark it as complete.

Marking as complete works but gives an inaccurate history.

I do have some weekly tasks which I should do, but if I do not get them done I some times skip them rather than do them late, some I can set as repeat after, but that does not really work for me as they are really only at home at a weekend tasks. Others are work related housekeeping tasks that should be done but occasionally skipping a week does not hurt.

I've thought about rescheduling but unsure what that will do to the repeat, will it shuffle along accordingly?

Any advice appreciated.

Regards

Ian

Hi Ian,

about rescheduling: if you reschedule the Start or Due date of a repeating task that's set to repeat regularly (instead of repeat after), then the new Start or Due date will be relatively to the rescheduled date. I guess that's what you want. The only disadvantage is that you don't have a record of the skipped tasks (other than a longer than usual gap in the complete-dates of previous items).

Thank you, I've come RTM which allowed me to delete the current instance of the task then ask whether or not to also delete all future occurences or to continue the repeat, a bit like calendar entries.

I'm not too worried about the history so a reschedule it is then.

Thank you