The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

shared layers Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,

I've been playing with shared canvases for a while but they don't seem to work as I want them to. What I would like to do is at _another layer_ link two objects together (let's call them "sites") with lines (let's call them "circuits").

If I lock the shared canvas I obviously cannot connect anything to them.

If I don't lock the shared canvas the lines are attached to the _shared_ canvas which isn't what I want at all.

THe problem I'm trying to circumvent is that there are various sites that come and go along with a variable number of circuits to each of them but they have to be same across all the canvases.... and no, copy-pasting isn't really an option. :)

Any thoughts?

Last edited by kajtzu; 2009-08-26 at 01:42 AM.. Reason: copy-paste

anyone? anyone? bueller? ;)

If you send email to the support ninjas, you're guaranteed a response. Folks here browse the forums as they're able, but we can't guarantee that every forum thread will be browsed by someone that knows the answer. :-)