The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Want Review Perspective showing just 'Review Today' Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I thought I used to have this but can't work out how to do it now. I'd like my Review perspective to show only 'Review Today', plus past due Reviews - in other words, I'd like to hide future Reviews from the perspective.

Can this be done?

Sort of. Set your Grouping and Sorting menus to "Next Review" and then collapse any time periods you're not interested in seeing.

Hope this helps.

-Dennis

Thanks Dennis. I am collapsing the future periods, but would prefer if they could be hidden. From time to time they seem to expand themselves again which, to focus, means manually collapsing them.

Not a big deal - just something that would be nice. I still love OmniFocus :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by djb21au View Post
From time to time they seem to expand themselves again which, to focus, means manually collapsing them.
I've seen that on occasion too. I'm not sure why it happens. Fortunately, it seems infrequent enough on my system that I've been willing to just ignore the problem. :-)

-Dennis

Make sure you take a snapshot of the perspective after collapsing them (and make sure the perspective is set to restore expansion settings). If some grouping wasn't present when the perspective was first created, the grouping's expand/collapse setting might not be saved as what you want. Suppose a project then lands in that grouping. The grouping now appears and might be expanded. I find that if I collapse it and take a new snapshot, then the grouping stays collapsed.

Cheers,

Curt

Curt

Quote:
Originally Posted by curt.clifton View Post
I find that if I collapse it and take a new snapshot, then the grouping stays collapsed.
Thanks, Curt. Those are all good suggestions. Unfortunately, I've seen some groupings appear expanded despite doing all those things. I wish I could reproduce it at will, but it happens so sporadically and infrequently that I've never been able to find a pattern.

Just to be clear, the grouping do appear collapsed the vast majority of the time.

-Dennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toadling View Post
Thanks, Curt. Those are all good suggestions. Unfortunately, I've seen some groupings appear expanded despite doing all those things. I wish I could reproduce it at will, but it happens so sporadically and infrequently that I've never been able to find a pattern.

Just to be clear, the grouping do appear collapsed the vast majority of the time.

-Dennis
I think this is caused by how OF might group items together. Depending on when I do the review, I would see different grouping (as they should be), but when different groups appear, it doesn't respect the previous snapshot since it's not the same as the previous one.

Thanks Curt. That's good advice, and I can certainly live with the occasional glitch as the others suggest might happen. Refreshing the snapshot is very easy.