The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Trouble clipping some emails [A: actually, view settings were hiding some actions] Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Similar issues with capturing e-mail....

in my case trying to capture the message from the mail list sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. It seems that some e-mail messages get clipped and others just cause either nothing to happen or omnifocus and mail to hang. THe problem is specific to the e-mail message.

Clipping text from a message shows similar behaviour.

Whatever the bug is it affects some e-mail messages and not others.

bis

Bister, I moved your issue into it's own thread in order to keep the original thread focused on the specific issue it's about.

Sorry for the trouble this is causing! The clipping plug-in runs an AppleScript to parse whatever's selected in the app that you're clipping from. It's possible that the emails that you're having trouble with are HTML mail or encoded in some way that AS is struggling with.

If you send mail to the support ninjas we'll be happy to look at the emails, console logs, and/or a sample report to get a better idea of what's going on here.

I feel extremely foolish....

... the "problem" was that my perspective was filtering so that only "due soon" items were visible. Most of my clipped e-mails weren't "due soon" so they were in the inbox but not visible. A few (thanks to Mailtags) had due dates and were showing....

user error (as usual)

bis

Heh, no worries at all, bister - it happens! I re-titled the thread to indicate what was going on, in case some customer has the same problem in the future and does a search.

Appreciate the help and info.