The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Noise of life and overwhelmed by too many OmniFocus actions Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Hi all,

I write this after using Omni Focus extensively for around 4 months to free my mind of everything I must do.

In short the number of actions has become overwhelming. I have projects set up that mean a lot to me but also use OmniFocus to remind me of mundane phone calls I must make.

I rely on due dates and subsequent pop ups that appear on my phone during the day. But have gotten better recently at looking over the days actions in the morning.

I try to review everything once a week.

I spend most of my evenings never actually making it to tasks that would help me further myself on the projects that mean something and have an endless list of mundanity. Actions not done get shunted into future due dates etc etc.

I'd like to get out of this cycle and start over and am asking here for any advice and words of wisdom.

I have an awful memory so OmniFocus has become a dumping ground for everything!

Yours Sincerely
Glen