The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Feature Requests
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Support for Evernote Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I find the "Clip to Evernote" option for Firefox and Safari very handy. I would hope that Omni's engineers are working with Evernote's to add this to OmniWeb.

Can anyone at Omni speak on cooperation with Evernote? Is it happening?

/s/ Bob

Can you give me some details on what you're referring to here? The Evernote Menu Extra (which is part of the desktop version) and bookmarklet (from http://www.evernote.com/about/download/#a-webclipper) both work fine for me in OmniWeb.

Hm, I guess I was too literal when watching the video. It specifically mentioned Safari and Firefox so I didn't try it with OW. Seems to work, just has the name of "javascript" which I can rename.

Nice to see it works here too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by troyb View Post
Can you give me some details on what you're referring to here? The Evernote Menu Extra (which is part of the desktop version) and bookmarklet (from http://www.evernote.com/about/download/#a-webclipper) both work fine for me in OmniWeb.
Personally I'd love the little Safari menu item to work. See here, next to the location bar:

http://s3.intranation.com.s3.amazona...te-clipper.png

As it preserves page styling/structure significantly better than the system-wide clipper.

Any ideas?

Last edited by intranation; 2009-05-27 at 10:33 AM.. Reason: Edited because my image was enormous

I agree, I use that a lot in Safari.

Also websnapper adds a toolbar button.

I will add my 2 cents to those requesting this feature. It's the only thing that keeps sending me back to Firefox and/or Safari. Having that little button and being able to add all or part of a page, or shift-click to add full page as PDF, is great. Please add this if possible.

(And having last sessions tabs automatically reopen.)

I agree; it is the one thing that sends me back to Safari. The plugin seems to load, according to the OW preferences pane.

My vote too. The clipper I have tried is slow, and adds content to the Evernote web even when the desktop client is running.

I add my voice for an Evernote support in Omniweb. Has something changed since the last message of this thread ?