The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unable to execute SQL-New Mountain Lion error message Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Just got this error message in Omnifocus after loading the new Mountain Lion.

Any suggestions?

I'm getting the same error, also after installing Mountain Lion.

My version (from omni not appstore) upgraded fine to ML - though there are a couple of tweaks to make sure clippings etc work fine.

Have you contacted omni support?

mlantz & czgarrett: You probably need to force OmniFocus to refresh your cache.

- Quit OmniFocus
- Open Finder
- In the menubar, select Go>Go to Folder...
- Enter "~/Library/" in the folder field
- In the Caches folder, move the folder "com.omnigroup.OmniFocus" to the Trash
- Relaunch OmniFocus

(If that doesn't fix it, please email our ninjas: omnifocus@omnigroup.com)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard View Post

For MAS-purchased copies, of course, the trashable folder would have a different name:
~/Library/Caches/com.omnigroup.OmniFocus.MacAppStore
--

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
mlantz & czgarrett: You probably need to force OmniFocus to refresh your cache.

- Quit OmniFocus
- Open Finder
- Relaunch OmniFocus

(If that doesn't fix it, please email our ninjas: omnifocus@omnigroup.com)
I have no folders with a name starting with "com.omnigroup.OmniFocus" in my "~/Library/Caches/" folder, but I'm getting this error. Is there anything else I can try?

Is it possible that you are looking in the system caches folder rather than the user caches folder ?
i.e.
/Library/Caches/
rather than
/Users/[username]/Library/Caches/

(OmniFocus does always create a cache folder).

I'm very grateful to all these early-adopters of operating system upgrades. Braver than me …

(I personally wait till others have encountered all the frustrations and the solutions have finally been developed … Not sure when I installed 10.7 (two months ago ?). In any case, only when not being able to run something that I needed became a problem. My guess is that a company which is extracting $5bn profit from $35bn revenue in one quarter can probably survive our waiting one or two more quarters before paying their OS tax).

But perhaps this is a bit conservative – others may prefer a different and more exciting way :-)

--

Last edited by RobTrew; 2012-07-26 at 11:56 PM..

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobTrew View Post
Is it possible that you are looking in the system caches folder rather than the user caches folder ?
i.e.
/Library/Caches/
rather than
/Users/[username]/Library/Caches/

(OmniFocus does always create a cache folder).
Looking in the right place. Macintosh HD-> Users -> myname -> Library -> Caches, but nothing between com.macupdate.desktop5 and com.stclairsoft.DefaultX.helper.

That does sound puzzling.

An email to the Ninjas through Help > Send Feedback may bring the quickest solution.

Looks like OmniFocus trashed its own cache!
I just reopened it and no error message, and now the Folder has appeared on cache.
Thankyou:-)