The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Change in OF Scripting Interface Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
A recent build changed the OmniFocus AppleScript dictionary in a backward-incompatible way.

Scripts that traverse trees and extract values are broken. So far, it appears that the "value" property on trees changed somehow.

I'll post updated scripts as soon as I am able, but it won't be immediately.

Curt

Bah; silly AppleScript. This is probably because I added the style scripting support (which has 'value' terminology). Our tree scripting support has 'value' too, but I forgot to align the 4-character codes, so AppleScript is probably confused.

This will still mean compiled scripts will be incompatible, non-compiled .applescript files will be more robust in the face of changes like this.

OK, I was temporarily confused by a svn conflict in my home working directory =)

'value' on 'tree' has changed to use the 4-character code 'valL' (which is what System Events uses) to match what the style scripting uses (since I *did* notice the re-used terminology before publishing this batch of changes).

But yes, this will break compiled scripts -- sorry for the trouble!

Thanks for the confirmation, Tim.

Curt

The problems with my scripts are fixed. Updates available here.

Curt