The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Changing sections activates the "Save button" Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have a document I've broken down into four sections. If I click on the Sections button on my toolbar and change sections, the red close button in the upper left corner automatically gets the little black dot in it which says it's unsaved. So I save and then go back to the original section - without making any changes in the document - and as soon as I'm in the new section the little black dot shows up again in the red close button.

So my two questions are:

1) is this a bug?

2) if not, then when I save a document isn't it saving the entire document and not just the section I'm in at the time?

3) Anything I can do to keep the save indicator from appearing when the document has already been saved?

If I remember right, when you save the document you also save the view, so changing the view state is registered as altering the document. Therefore, not a bug.