The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Is 1.5 stable enough to use? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I can see compaction working regularly on mine, several times a day even. However, I'm only using two devices: a Mac and an iPhone. And I sync them both several times a day.

-Dennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
This doesn't happen for you automatically in your sleep if you leave everything on and running OmniFocus? That should get you a compaction every week or so on your current schedule :-)
Well I do leave OF running on my main computer all the time, and sync my iphone often, but every so often I get an error that it cannot sync, a root-something error. So then I go through the process of renaming the old DB and/or saving the database to a new location on my idisk, which of course cuts down the size and really decreases the load time on the iphone.

However, when I get the error and have to go through the process, renaming or deleting the old files on the idisk takes FOREVER (an idisk function, not OF's function). Usually a solid painful hour+, with 3,000-6,000 files (no kidding). After this, my OF files are down to a reasonable and small size. I have read on the boards that this is due to having idisk syncing being set to "on," and to solve this I could turn idisk syncing off. But I can't do that, because I actually use the idisk daily (and its syncing feature) for work purposes and file sharing OTHER than OF ;)

Even if I turn idisk syncing off temporarily, as soon as I turn it back on, it will process the renaming or the deletion of the old OF database and still take the hour+. So I just hope I don't get the error very often.