The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Feature Request: Flag Contexts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I just sent Omni a feature request for the ability to flag contexts as well as items and projects. This would allow for the construction of a much more flexible perspective of the "due or flagged" variety. I would find it useful for contexts like "before trip" or "significant" (something that advances toward a long-term goal). The flag by itself does not convey much contextual information about why an item is flagged, after all. It's a small thing in many ways, but seems to offer rich possibilities and would allow me to create a single hotlist perspective. Thoughts, anyone?

Is the request to make it so that you don't have to remember to flag newly added actions in the flagged context? Otherwise, it's pretty easy to flag a whole swath of actions via the contextual popup menu...I don't think there's anything necessarily wrong with the idea, just that you might be waiting quite a while for them to deliver a feature that adds little additional functionality when there are so many items on the list that do more. An Applescript that flags everything in a context should be pretty straightforward, too.

Of course I could do mass tagging, but only on a mac, not on an iOS device. Same with Applescript, except that I find Applescript infuriating, and would rather program in just about any other language.