The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Assigning Extra & Off Hours Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello There -

I'm setting up the calendar to reflect 'Off Hours' for holidays and have done the following:
- Selected 'Extra & Off Hours' in the Calendar View (bottom left calendar)
- Selected the week to update
- Added the block of time I want to customize

I am only getting blue 'Extra Hours' added to the project. How do I change that block of time to red 'Off Hours'?

Thanks for your help!
-Ann

Hold down the shift key when you create the block of time to create off-hours instead of extra hours. The cursor will change to have a red circle with a – sign in it to indicate you are subtracting rather than adding.

Thank you! Worked great. Where would I have found that quick key info? I couldn't find out how to select it anywhere...

See point 8 on the Help page for Using the calendar view to set up working hours

Or just use the general Mac UI principle that doing something with the shift key down often does the opposite of doing it without the shift key down. I'm pretty sure that's how I discovered it originally, though once I knew it was there, finding it in the documentation wasn't too hard.

Thanks. I was reading the 6 points after the graphic with the off-hours on it. I was just words away from the answer...

There was another discussion of this earlier this summer: http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=21757

I'm not sure exactly what change to suggest, but I think the fact that you looked at the right help page and still missed it might be an indication that it needs to be a bit more prominently mentioned.

I agree. It should be more prominent.

I realize this is an old thread, but I just ran into the same issue. Wouldn't it make more sense to default to extra hours if the block of time you're specifying is outside normal hours and to off hours if it's within normal hours? This was the way I expected it to work.

Craig

What if the block you're about to outline covers both? I like to explicitly mark off-hours as such rather than just removing the hours from the schedule when I'm adjusting the start or end of a block of time so that it is clear that the time is not available for some reason (and not just a slip of the mouse).