The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Fixing the blind patch in "Contexts View" Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
At the time of writing the "Contexts View" has a hard-wired blind patch - it doesn't allow you to see a list of actions to which no context has yet been assigned.

Some of these will be in the inbox, but others will scattered amongst all the projects, lurking unnoticed and un-actioned. Users have been reporting losing track of them.

Doubtless Omni will remedy this, but in the meanwhile I have posted a very temporary fix in the Omnifocus Extras forum. It is an applescript which forces actions which lack a context (and which are no longer in the Inbox) to show up in Contexts under an UNASSIGNED heading.

What this lacks (I look forward to a solid Omni remedy), is an ultra-rapid means of then assigning the missing context to such items.

At the moment you have to select such an item, use Apple+Option+R to see it in "Projects View" and then give it a proper context.

Last edited by RobTrew; 2007-08-17 at 05:09 AM..

You can also drag and drop them onto their new context in Context view, can't you? (Thanks for the script, btw.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprugman View Post
You can also drag and drop them onto their new context in Context view
Good point - I had overlooked that. (Tend to prefer keyboards, myself).

Me too, but switching views might be harder in this case. Oh, I guess you could also use the inspector to change them....