The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Lion autosave vs Omnigraffle Pro backup Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Since my Mac was upgraded to Lion I am getting a message in Omnigraffle Pro every few minutes telling me that the file I am working on was changed by another application and do I want to Revert or Save Anyway?

Is this perhaps Lion and Omnigraffle fighting over who is going to do the background save of the document? Whatever it is, it's annoying, particularly as there seems to be no way to disable autobackups in my version of OGP (5.3.6/GM-v138.33).

Does anyone else have this problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cogarch View Post
... Is this perhaps Lion and Omnigraffle fighting over who is going to do the background save of the document?
  1. Yes, that is correct. If you want background or detail re the problem, this thread may help.
  2. File a bug report via the Help menu, SendFeedback service.
Quote:
... particularly as there seems to be no way to disable autobackups in my version of OGP (5.3.6/GM-v138.33).
I do not have Lion to test that, but that does not sound right at all. In OG, go to the Preferences/General dialogue (via OmniGraffle Pro menu), and turn off automatic Backups. Now you are in the realm of Lion auto-save only, and its Preferences, and the two should not be fighting.

Omni should remove or disable the Preferences/Backup feature if the OSX version is Lion, in order to fully integrate the Lion document versioning.

Cheers
Derek