The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Enter any Date? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
When I Enter dates for a Task in "Actual Start" and "Actual End", the dates are automatically set to weekdays, although I have made Everything a "Normal Work Day" and cannot find the place where to change that behaviour? It is very annoying as I really need the weekends to work.

Thank you for your help!

Did you set "Normal Work Day" to include weekends for the resources only? I assume you adjusted the "Normal Work Day" for each of the resources, but not for the project itself. Make sure you deselect everything and adjust the "Normal Work Day" for the entire project. This will allow setting tasks to begin on days you choose, such as weekends.

This is how I make that change and I hope it works for you.

Yes I did it for the project and and also checked that I did so for every resource as well. So that is not the problem. It also behaves very inconsistently - sometime I can add weekends when I use the date selector, but never when I just type it in. Also the date magically becomes tuesday quite often when I try to put it to sunday. I just tried a new document, where I changed the Work Day before adding anything else and it seems to work without a problem. So maybe it's a bug?

To be honest. I do not have the problem you are experiencing. I mainly use OmniFocus for my project management, rather than OmniPlan. I am currently testing OmniPlan as a solution for a future group project.

If you are having these issues I suggest directly contacting Omni support and they should be able to address your concerns and/or assist you if it is indeed a bug.