The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniFocus 1.7 sneaky peeks have begun! Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by fwdkfwdkfwdk View Post
I am not a big fan of the new fonts. It makes me feel like I am using a Windows program rather than a Mac's :).

What was the original font?
Heh, OmniFocus' new default font is Lucida Grande, which is Mac OS X's default system font -- about as far from Windows as you can get. :-)

OmniFocus' previous default font was Helvetica, which also happens to be Mac OS X's default font for "user-editable content." Ken gives a bit of background in this thread.

Have you tried adjusting the size of the new default OmniFocus font? Most OS X apps seem to use 11 pt. or 12 pt. Lucida Grande by default (e.g. Finder, Mail, iPhoto, iTunes, iCal, etc).

-Dennis

Last edited by Toadling; 2009-08-17 at 07:33 PM.. Reason: Suggested tinkering with font size to match other OS X apps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Jones View Post
I've had my share of challenges with perspectives and 1.7 (more so with the first 2 SP releases), but I've yet to encounter a problem with perspective buttons in the tool bar. The 5 default perspectives and my custom perspectives have all worked as expected when activated with a toolbar icon.
I haven't been able to get it into this state again, but it definitely was at the time I filed the report. Clicking on different contexts altered the view as expected, but clicking on Inbox, Due, Flagged, Projects, and Contexts did nothing (so it's unlikely that the problem was with my mouse or clicking technique :-)). I didn't have any personal perspectives in the toolbar at the time, so can't say if they would have behaved any differently. That session I'd been doing nothing but tinkering with perspectives, so it doesn't seem impossible to imagine that I might have triggered some odd corner case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
try again by removing the .loaded file, at which point they should start working again).

Thanks for your patience, everyone!
Hey Ken, where is the .loaded file located?

Last edited by withnail; 2009-08-18 at 02:17 PM..

Quote:
Originally Posted by withnail View Post
Hey Ken, where is the .loaded file located?
~/Library/Application Support/OmniFocus/Perspectives

It's a hidden file, because of the leading dot, so you have to use Terminal to delete it. (Or some other utility that lets you see hidden files.)

Curt

Quote:
Originally Posted by curt.clifton View Post
~/Library/Application Support/OmniFocus/Perspectives

It's a hidden file, because of the leading dot, so you have to use Terminal to delete it. (Or some other utility that lets you see hidden files.)
Thanks Curt!

Still not grasping the situation with custom perspectives from 1.6.1:

I've installed the latest SP (v77.32.0.117399), and my 1.6.1 custom perspectives are in the Perspectives folder in the Library, although they don't show up in my toolbar as in the past. If I double-click on any of them in the Finder, what appears in OF bears no resemblance to the custom perspective as it appeared in 1.6.1.

I've also tried quitting OF, deleting the '.loaded' file, and then relaunching 1.7, but this doesn't change anything, other than recreating the '.loaded' file.

Is this expected behavior?

You need to reinstall them in your toolbar, I believe. Also, the files are no longer used, so double-clicking on them isn't going to do what you want.

As long as you're mucking with badging, would you move the dock badge to the upper-left corner?

I too don't like the change to Lucida Grande + shadow.

Edit: after changing the sidebar to Lucida Grande 11 with no shadow (ie, what Mail uses) it looks okay. The actions list still looks weird to me though.

Last edited by jamesez; 2009-08-18 at 07:41 PM..

Just to be sure I understand, where *should* the custom perspectives be (i.e. how can I access them)? I don't see them in the Perspectives menu, in the Customize Toolbar dialogue, or anywhere else.

When can we expect some more power, such as on-hold etc., to individual actions (the alternative to having sub projects)?