The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Copy a table from Safari to oo3 Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi, I'm wanting to take the contents of a table which is displayed on a safari web page and put it into OmniOutliner3 where it will be displayed as a table with the same rows and columns as before.

You guys will probably see from the following that I'm struggling a bit, but this is what I've managed to do so far.

1) Create a table in oo3 with the same number of columns as my safari table and one blank row.

2) Select the cells in the Safari table, and copy them to the clipboard. Then, with the first row in oo3 document selected, Paste the clipboard contents.

[As a result of this, each cell in the table creates a new row in the oo3 document and populates column 1]

3) In oo3 move the contents of cells from column 1 to their correct row,column positions.
I've automated Steps 1 and 3 with Applescript but can't figure out how to automate step 2

Any suggestions please? Perhaps I should add that one column of the table contains images.

It would be really great to have this be a native feature. I have a need for this a few times a month at least.

Numbers has this ability which has been really useful, but there's no easy way to get from numbers to OO either. That would be a big bonus too.