The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Question about OF's database. Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Hello.

I wonder if OF's database is a relational one?

For instance, do repeating projects/tasks actually get duplicated each time they repeat?
Or does OF simply put some kind of reference file that points to the information, like we get with audio programs such as Digital Performer?

The reason I ask is because I think I took my links to checklists system too far (thinking OF is not a relational DB), and I might rethink it or simplify it a bit.
Some repetitive projects would have too many tasks, and I'm not crazy about seeing them populating the entire database every day or every week (this wouldn't bother me if the information does not get duplicated).

Is this something I should be concerned about (taking into account that I'm syncing to iPhone and will to iPad soon)?

Thank you for any thoughts.

Last edited by FMiguélez; 2011-08-03 at 01:19 PM..