The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Why does action due 11/18 sort into 11/16 items? [A: action's proj. was due 11/16] Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I hope I searched the forums thoroughly enough, but I couldn't find this issue mentioned anywhere...

I have a Perspective set up as follows:

Mode: Context
Context Filter: Remaining
Grouping: Due
Sorting: Due
Duration: Any
Flagged: Any

With these settings I get a nice list of actions, grouped by their respective due dates (today,tomorrow etc).

The problem is, in the grouping named "Due within the next week" the sorting by date seems to not work quite as it should. All but one items are sorted from closest to furthest date. The last item in the list has a due date of 16 Nov, but the one immediately above it has a due date of 18 Nov and should be sorted to the bottom accordingly.

To clarify, here what the due dates of the items in this group look like (top to bottom, bolding for emphasis):
12 Nov
12 Nov
13 Nov
14 Nov
14 Nov
15 Nov
15 Nov
15 Nov
15 Nov
16 Nov
16 Nov
18 Nov
16 Nov

So, for whatever reason, the second-to-last item isn't sorted correctly. Anybody have an idea what might be causing this?

Thanks
Tom

You've probably got an earlier due date on the project that contains the seemingly out of place item. If the project due date is earlier than the action due date, the project due date takes precedence. Example attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 1.png
Views:	1095
Size:	38.7 KB
ID:	1148   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 2.png
Views:	1083
Size:	25.3 KB
ID:	1149  

You hit the nail on the head. It was an action group with a due date that caused it.

Thanks a bunch!

Tom