The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

New Sites Added in Site Preferences, But I Didn't Add Them Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I've noticed this happening before, every once in awhile. Lately, it's been happening more regularly. When I open the Bookmarks window (cmd-B), and select Site Preferences, domains are listed there whose site preferences I haven't changed. How are these slipping in?

you're probably under the curse of Hangzhou decoration

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlwin View Post
you're probably under the curse of Hangzhou decoration
I probably wouldn't be so rankled by this comment, except that it's the only reply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by forum member View Post
I've noticed this happening before, every once in awhile. Lately, it's been happening more regularly. When I open the Bookmarks window (cmd-B), and select Site Preferences, domains are listed there whose site preferences I haven't changed. How are these slipping in?
Are there any items with a blue dot beside them in those "new" site preferences? At least ONE marked item in the Site Preferences pane should show up if there are any site preferences configured for its network domain.

--tonza

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonza View Post
Are there any items with a blue dot beside them in those "new" site preferences? At least ONE marked item in the Site Preferences pane should show up if there are any site preferences configured for its network domain.

--tonza
No blue dots. I don't understand what you mean, however, when you say "configured for its network domain." Whose network domain?

Have you ever changed site preferences for these domains? Are they also stored in your bookmarks? If you add a site preference and then remove it does it go away?

Quote:
Originally Posted by troyb View Post
Have you ever changed site preferences for these domains? Are they also stored in your bookmarks? If you add a site preference and then remove it does it go away?
1. No. I haven't ever changed the preferences for these domains: as I said in my original post "...domains are listed there whose site preferences I haven't changed."

2. No. They aren't in my bookmarks.

3. Yes. If I add a site preference and then remove it, the site preference goes away.

We have a bug on this, sorry for the inconvenience. Another option you can try if you don't want to set a preference for each site and then remove it is to quit OmniWeb, browse to the application support folder: <~/library/Application Support/OmniWeb 5> and remove the "groups.plist" file. This should get you back to an accurate state but you will lose any custom collections (if any) that you've added.