The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing > Other WebDAV
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

EMAILED: WebDAV Sync Failure Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
This goes with my post above.

I chose to use the local copy, but then lost the task changes but not the new tasks I made on my iPhone. I had completed some items and changed the due dates on some items on my phone, and those were NOT reflected in the sync prior to the upgrade. But, like I said, the new projects and tasks I added did show up. I left that off the previous post because I didn't notice it until after the upgrade.

After I chose to use the local database from the prompt, I closed the application again, then opened it on my phone. I got the same message on my phone and chose to use the server copy. This then mirrored the state on the desktop.

Last edited by jalarson; 2008-07-23 at 09:44 AM..

Yeah so far I haven't been having any problems with MobileMe, but I don't want to pay for it so I'm hoping the WebDAV issues get ironed out.

=]

Ok so I updated to the latest version tonight and it worked better. Now only one file fails to transfer to my WebDAV server. Here is the error message from the log on the server:

[Wed Jul 23 21:52:55 2008] [error] [client **********] (2)No such file or directory: An error occurred while opening a resource. [500, #0]
[Wed Jul 23 21:52:55 2008] [error] [client **********] Unable to PUT new contents for /**********/OmniFocus.ofocus-copy-in-progress-nQ2VVi8sRd9/20080724002317=nKvyM82-6-Z+o3jsQFN6zt8.zip. [403, #0]
[Wed Jul 23 21:52:55 2008] [error] [client **********] (2)No such file or directory: An error occurred while opening a resource. [500, #0]

Note that the asterisks are just there to keep my IP/path anonymous.

=]

You guys are making progress though!

-Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by eecue View Post
Ok so I updated to the latest version tonight and it worked better. Now only one file fails to transfer to my WebDAV server. Here is the error message from the log on the server:

[Wed Jul 23 21:52:55 2008] [error] [client **********] Unable to PUT new contents for /**********/OmniFocus.ofocus-copy-in-progress-nQ2VVi8sRd9/20080724002317=nKvyM82-6-Z+o3jsQFN6zt8.zip. [403, #0]

Note that the asterisks are just there to keep my IP/path anonymous.

=]

You guys are making progress though!

-Dave
Where can we find the log files?

Thanks.

Those log files are from my apache webserver. If you run your own server you will have access to the error file and that's where those are from. =]

I'm seeing the same problem everyone else is reporting here. I sent an e-mail to support a couple of days ago, but haven't heard back. I bought the iPhone app the day of release and that was my first exposure to Omni. It lead me to consider the desktop version, but at $80, I just can't justify the money when the syncing appears to be so flawed. My trial license expires tomorrow, so if you guys at Omni want me to continue playing with your Alpha versions, please give me another trial license. I'm not going to spend any money until this is worked out.

Also, have you guys thought about hosting your own central server and doing this via syncml? It appears you guys are using a custom approach to syncing and it may be more trouble than it's worth. Hosting would be the web 2.0 saas way to go, and you guys could charge a subscription fee. It would be worth it if it worked.

nsxlane: We're resetting the demo period on OmniFocus in the next Sneaky Peek (should be out within a few hours, I think). We've fixed several issues in the last day or so, and we want people to be able to see the improvements before having to make their decision.

Ok so first of all WebDAV syncing from the desktop app works. I am able to sync (it's really fast now and sends less data, only a few hundred K instead of 4MB) and everything copies, no errors in my server log.

I am now testing the iphone app, it's downloading the database now, EDGE isn't as fast as the DS3 I have here at work!

=]

Ok so I downloaded the database from my WebDAV server and that worked great. I made some changes and hit the sync button and it's been a few minutes so far and it's still sending data. It would be a good idea to only send the data that changes instead of the whole thing every time. Am I missing something?

Ok the sync from my iPhone finished and it worked! Desktop is updated!

Rock on.

=]

-Dave