The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

I never knew you could do that... Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
(A test thread for the OmniGraffle forum). This is something I never realised I could do until I accidentally stumbled upon it one day.

Click an icon in an inspector's toolbar and you will get the inspector corresponding to that icon:

However, did you know that you can also shift or command-click any other icon in the same toolbar to open multiple inspectors in the same grouping at the same time:

You can also deselect all toolbar icons to leave only them in view:

Incidentally, this is also true of the OmniOutliner inspectors as well.

Anyone got any other little tips like this which are not immediately obvious? Post them here.

Last edited by JKT; 2006-03-24 at 06:30 AM..

That's way cool. I'm glad I checked here.

Now, do you (or anyone) happen to know if it is possible to change the color of the alignment guides? If there is, then I have forgotten it. If there isn't, it would be nice to have this feature because the faded blue color for the alignment guides is sometimes hard to see.

P

I'll certainly use it.

I'm sure plenty of people know to do this, but this brain dead simple notion passed me by for a while. I've found it useful to set up documents with different grids that I need to use.

Then I save each as a template and use the "New From Template" menu choice.

I have a 2cm major grid with 10 minor steps which works very well as a 1:50 ratio diagram for house plans. EU users should be aware that the default grid is a 1" or 2.54cm grid. Not as useful in metric land...

Very cool.

OmniGraffle very deep with features. It is so deep, trying to explain why it is so cool takes a long time.

BZ