The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniFocus Backup Strategy Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Newbie question: What's an appropriate OmniFocus backup strategy?

I've noticed that I have 132 backup files going back to when I first installed OmniFocus in March. These consume quite a bit of disk space. Can I just delete the older backups? Does OmniFocus have any settings for limiting the number of backups created?

Thanks for any guidance

-- Robert

Yes, you can delete the older backups (who knows, you might even want to purge them from Time Machine, if you use it) that have outlived their usefulness to you. There is no provision for automatic pruning of the backups in OmniFocus at the moment. Use Help->Send Feedback to add your vote for one. Other forum posters have reported using things like Hazel to keep them in check.

If you do add a feature to auto delete backups, please make it optional. My archival strategy currently relies on being able to go back to old databases. Thank you.