The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

OmniFocus horribly slow with big db Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Apologies in advance for the partial cross-post.. I just wanted to mention a suggestion I think is relevant to this discussion, which I just made in another thread:

[Since i think the area we need speed the most is quick data capture..] It would be great if omnifocus could take over the double-click feature of the home button, so that instead of bringing up ipod controls it brings up a quick-entry capture to inbox feature - the iphone equivalent of the quick capture KC/window on the mac version. As it stands, even if Omnifocus's loading time becomes instant, the act of capturing something will still be slowed down by having to slide the iphone unlock thingy, enter your passcode, wait for the flashy graphics, then hit the omnifocus button - and some of us would rather have quick idea capturing than quick access to our music..for those that want both, perhaps a triple click for OF?

Thanks for listening,

Jon

Double clicking the Home button to pull up Omnifocus' quick capture Inbox is an awesome idea! I wonder if it is possible?

Here's a possible solution for the ever-expanding database problem:

Give users the option to have checked off items delete themselves automatically after, say, a fortnight or a month. That way, users can still go back to recently finished tasks (sometimes that's necessary), but their databases will not grow beyond a certain, manageable size.

I never browsed my completed items when I was still using the desktop version of OmniFocus (I no longer do; that's one more reason I need a database-trimming solution that doesn't depend on the desktop app).

Last edited by HiramvdG; 2008-09-19 at 12:04 AM.. Reason: Clarity

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferp View Post
I've used this archive option to archive everything since July 08, but the app still starts to load, then crashes. Have never been able to sync. Really frustrating.

Jennifer
I seem to have shifted in that state also. Very anoying. See here:
http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=9951