The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Omnifocus getting progressively more sluggish Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
I have Omnifocus 1.7.5 running on Mac OS 10.5.8 on an Intel iMac (2.8Ghz core 2 duo, 4GB RAM) and it's getting progressively more and more sluggish in use.

Switching between perspectives takes several seconds and I see the "Saving to cache" message just about everytime I add a new project or action, which really slows things down. I sync it WebDAV over HTTPS to my MacBook Pro (2.6GHz, 4GB RAM) and iPhone. It's sluggish on my MacBook Pro as well, possibly even worse. The worst offender is switching from Contexts to Projects. It runs OK on my iPhone, but syncs sometimes take minutes even though I've only added a handful of actions since a sync done the day before.

I've tried rebuilding the database and archiving old items. The "Compact Database" option in the File menu is greyed out. The database file is 3.6MB in size. When running, Omnifocus is listed in the Activity Monitor as having an RSIZE of 75MB and a VSize of 1.01GB.