The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Expanding files despite 1.03 update Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm syncing 2 Macs and an iPhone. It seems that no matter what I do, within a week or two, I have well over 100 zip files within my OmniFocus document's package.

My understanding is that if I start from shrunken, clean, files and keep all clients pretty regularly synced, the file size should remain reasonable at all times. It's not.

I've run Coalesce Database, started new files, archived old files, rebuilt databases, and updated OmniFocus until a number of cows showed up in my yard. Finally I gave up and drank a lot of beer.

My configuration is as follows:
  • An iMac at work that is turned on and running OF pretty much all the time
  • A MacBook that has OmniFocus open all the time, but is often closed/asleep. It syncs at least a few times a day, minimum.
  • An iPhone that opens OmniFocus every day or two -- less frequently as the sync takes longer and longer.

Is there a way to reliably keep this from happening?

I second this behavior. I'm experiencing the exact same thing.

What I'm doing for now is a weekly maintenance routine:

1. Make sure all clients are synced and up to date
2. Archive old files that are 2 weeks old or older
3. Rename OmniFocus.ofocus to OmniFocus-old.ofocus on my webDAV
4. Run coalesce database script
5. Re-sync all clients choosing Use Server File

I'd rather an OmniFocus update fix this problem. Until then, I've taken matters into my own hands.

Thanks, beharkey. I was afraid of that.