The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Tracking amount of work Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Stumbling on an idea at http://www.davidco.com/forum/showthr...5863#post55863 I started thinking of whether there are any ways in OF to get any statistics on the number of projects, actions and NAs in the system. I know there is a counter of sorts in the iPhone app, but I haven't seen anything in the desktop version.

My idea is this: By being able to see somewhere the total number of items in my system, and checking this number on a regular basis, I would get an idea of whether the amount of work in my system is decreasing, unchanging or increasing.

Is there, or might there be added, a way to simply count all outstanding items in any way?

(Admittedly this suggestion is based on assuming that the number of items will actually tell anything about the amount of work, but with enough stuff in the system, I'd say that it should generally be true, as the variations in time estimates would balance eachother out well.)

http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=18405 has a handy script that will give you a breakdown.

Thanks! It never occurred to me to look in the Extras section, however obvious that seems in retrospect. Thanks!