The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

SOLVED: Unable to lock document Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Omni Response:

DannyG, could you try something? Quit OmniFocus and go find where your OmniFocus file is stored on your computer (usually in Users/[your user name]/Library/Application Support/OmniFocus). Right next to it there's probably another file named OmniFocus.ofocus.lock. Delete that file and then launch OmniFocus. Does the error message still occur?
Original User Question:

Every day I start my computer I get the "unable to lock document" message with an "override lock" option. I always select with no apparent adverse effects and go on with my business. My the message and extra step is annoying. I only have one copy of Omnifocus on the computer. The only thing I can think of is that when I close the computer down at night, I don't close OF first, I just let the computer do it. Maybe this has something to do with it but it seems like a bug to me and needs to be addressed.

Last edited by xmas; 2008-07-29 at 01:11 PM.. Reason: add omni response