The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Sequential action groups within parallel project Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello.

I have a monthly repeating project that has to happen. Most of the tasks within the project can happen in any order, but there are some sub-groups within it that must happen sequentially. So I set the project up that way.

My question is, what is the best way to view the next thing I need to do in this project, when there is both a specific next action within the sequential sub-group and a random next action within the entire project? I tried viewing it by filtering on Next Action, but that only pulled the first item in the high-level project, not the next action within the sub-group. If I ask for Available, I am overwhelmed with tons of other stuff that I really don't want/need to see.

I've attached a screen shot showing what the project looks like.

Thanks,
Robin
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Projects_ Process monthly NWCT event.jpg
Views:	604
Size:	34.7 KB
ID:	1426  

Create the project in a single action list, and then create your sequential sub-groups within the SAL. With a next action view, all the parallel tasks and the first sequential task will be shown.

Project View:

Context View:

Sweet! I would never have thought to have the higher-level project be a SAL - thanks so much!