The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Dynamic HTML not working Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi All,

I'm trying to create an outline with collapsable and expandable topics that my friends can view online. I think dynamic HTML is what I want but something is not working right.

At first it does what it's supposed to do. However, if you collapse and re-expand a topic, it moves the content from the appropriate location to the bottom of the screen. This can only be remedied by collapsing the parent and starting over again. It's fine for small documents but for a lengthy and complicated outline it could get quite confusing.

The behavior is the same on Safari and Chrome. I've attached some pictures showing the problem. Any advice on how to remedy this, or alternatives would be much appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.png
Views:	905
Size:	13.4 KB
ID:	1437   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.png
Views:	910
Size:	12.0 KB
ID:	1438  

I'd really like to make my outlines available to members of my team but they do not expand or collapse correctly. The behavior is just as Green Flowers describes.

Any advice on how to format things differently so that dynamic expanding and collapsing works correctly would be appreciated.

Here is a link to the offending HTML
http://room133.net/planning/

Last edited by pairustwo; 2010-10-28 at 03:45 AM..

I'm not positive, but I think this is a WebKit bug. I'm getting the behavior you describe in Safari, Chrome, and OmniWeb, which all use WebKit.

In FireFox and Opera, though - which don't - I get the expected behavior.