The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Speed Download, Input Managers and SIMBL Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have finally found what made my OmniWeb (and some other apps) so instable. Speed Downloads Input Manager.

The code of the items in the folder /Library/InputManagers/ will be injected into every single running app on your system, which essentially is a very bad idea.

SIMBL is trying to be a bit more selective there, but I find it still being loaded by OmniWeb and other apps and it makes many apps instable, so I ditched all the Safari Hacks and Add-ons, removed SIMBL, and also disabled the automatic download through Speed Download (which essentially will remove the InputManager of SD). And suddenly OW runs much more stable and consumes far less CPU.

I see OW maxing out the processor usage every time a download has been passed on to Speed Download. Is there a way to keep using SD and avoid this problem (quitting and starting OW again does the job, but isn't really ideal)?

Don't blame SIMBL. Speed Download is and always has been a problem.

I use Safari with SIMBL, SafariStand and SafariBlock and have no problems. And this is also with the latest WebKit nightlies.