The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Copy-Paste Logic Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
I've been using OG for years and there's one thing that bugs me no end. When I copy and paste from one layer to another or one canvas to another, the pasted element is always offset from the original position in both X and Y axes. And yet, every once in a while, it pastes it exactly in the same location, and that's when I go "Hallelujah"! But I have not been able to figure out the logic to make it do that.

I can understand offsetting if you're pasting in the same canvas/layer, but if I change layers or canvases it's more likely I want it in precisely the same location as it was in the other layer/canvas.

I've been very frustrated with this for a long time, I hope someone can tell me if there's a trick to getting it in the right place that I'm somehow executing once in a while without realizing? Or is it just unpredictable?

Thanks,
--pv