The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Can't reopen a file. Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
version 5.1.
I created a file (a sitemap) and also created a pdf for printing and mailing. They saved with .graffle and .pdf suffixes, as expected.

I went back and I can't get either to edit.
I get this error message:
The document “stfx sitemap.graffle” could not be opened. Conversion of data failed. The file is not UTF-8, or in the encoding specified in XML header if XML.

???

If you can send in the original .graffle file to omnigraffle@omnigroup.com, we may be able to give some insight and possibly salvage the file.

it's on its way.

we export the *.graffle file in *.pdf and also exported in *.jpg and after that we get the same advice "Conversion of data failed. The file is not UTF-8, or in the encoding specified in XML header if XML." and can't open the file

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel View Post
If you can send in the original .graffle file to omnigraffle@omnigroup.com, we may be able to give some insight and possibly salvage the file.
Can I email my file with this same error?

Thanks in advance,

Will Pierce