The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Feature Requests
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

missing a very nice feature from ow 4 Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
when the dock-icon in ow 4 was clicked, it always opened a new browser window.
in ow 5 it brings back a window from the dock, if there is a minimized window in the dock.
i realy dislike this. please bring back the function of ow 4 in a preference. because if i want to get a minimized window i will click it in the dock. but if i want a new window, i simply click the omniweb icon. i really loved that!

I second this, if I have a page in the dock, I want and expect it to stay in the dock. I had to disable it and must manually create new windows with apple-n, which gets to be a pain.

I wonder what the HIG says about this. I just tried a few apps and they all work the same as OW.
Safari
BBEdit
InDesign
Text Edit
Terminal

Actually, there's not a single app I tried that didn't function that way.

OW opens a new window by clicking the active app's icon in the dock, if none is actually open. IMO that behavior is OK.

Otherwise, with another app in the foreground, by clicking the dock icon of OW a new OW window appears above the last open OW window covering it.

lol... I just noticed there's an existing pref that keeps the window in the dock from coming out of it when OW is clicked.

oh, i didn't notice that prefernce yet. it's much better now. but i would still like omniweb to present a new blank window, or start page, when i click the app icon.
i've always to press apple+n if i need a fresh window.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest
lol... I just noticed there's an existing pref that keeps the window in the dock from coming out of it when OW is clicked.
Where? .

Quote:
Originally Posted by afb
Where? .
In the preferences of course ;)

jk, Prefs: tabs & windows: in the Windows section.

The preference "Don't show a window when OmniWeb's icon is clicked" doesn't seem to have any effect. I like to go back to the default workspace with no windows open (or maybe one tucked into the dock) and start from scratch and not have a blank window appear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjb
The preference "Don't show a window when OmniWeb's icon is clicked" doesn't seem to have any effect. I like to go back to the default workspace with no windows open (or maybe one tucked into the dock) and start from scratch and not have a blank window appear.
So with that checked, and you have a window minimized into the dock, when you click on the OW icond the window comes out of the dock?