The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Omnigraffle seems less responsive in iOS 4.2 Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I feel omnigraffle far less responsive in iOS 4.2

What should I do to avoid that feeling

I must confess I don't know how the iPad handles mutlitasking and memory.

My working process involve a lot of copy/paste between sketchbook pro, safari and omnigraffle. I don't know how to close a "background app."

Thanks for your help

Mat

In case the problem here is that background apps are using resources, here's how to quit them:
  1. Switch away from the app you want to quit.
  2. Double-press the home button on the device.
  3. When the multitasking tray comes up, press and hold on the icon of the app you want to quit.
  4. Tap the red circle in the upper left of the icon to quit the app.
  5. Finally, press the home button once more to close the multitasking tray.

Of course, if you're still unhappy with the performance you're seeing when the other apps have been quit, feel free to email our support ninjas; we're happy to investigate this with you!

Last edited by Brian; 2010-11-24 at 01:47 PM.. Reason: added final step in case folks didn't know how to exit MT tray.

I thought the apps have just been throw out of the "recents apps" line.

I understand now that they will be quit.

I wil try it now.

Thanks