The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Bug? Project View -> All Actions Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I love the new "All Actions" option in Projects lists, and thats where i want to stay.

However, when i quit out of the app in this view, and reopen, the "All Actions" view is blank, as if i have no actions.

Please fix so it remembers this view, i really, really think you guys did a great job!

Thanks.

Can you give us any more detail on what you're seeing? If I tap "All actions" in either the main project list, in a folder, or in a particular project, the views are populated after a quit and restart.

Maybe it depends on a particular settings configuration? (BTW, if you really do always want to see all actions, you can specify that in settings.)

For me, its still on the same "All Actions" screen from when i quit the app but it is blank.

In order to view in this manner again, i have to press the back button (that says Projects), then press "All Actions" again.

My Settings are as follows:
In projects, show:Available
In contexts, show: next

For Whatever reason, this is working for me now, the only thing i did today was create a task, once i did that it started correctly showing this view correctly when exiting, and re-entering the app.

Actually, the bug is still present.

Here is the low-down:

When viewing only ONE folder of projects with "All Actions" it remembers your view when you shutdown and restart. HOWEVER, i have 2 Folders of Projects (Work and Home). When i view both Folders at the same time with the "All Actions" setting, this is when it comes up with a blank page when re-opening the app.

So in summary it works as designed when only 1 folder is being used.
2 folders, boots you to a blank page.

It's apparently not as simple as that, or there's some crucial detail that I'm not replicating. I've got a folder full of exercise-related projects, including 3 folders. If I go to the Projects view, drill down into the Exercise folder, and tap All Actions, I get the expected view. Tap the Home page button on the iPod, launch the Mail application, tap the Home Page button again, launch OmniFocus, and I get the same view I had, whether I use my settings for Projects/Contexts (Remaining/Available) or yours (Available/Next).

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
It's apparently not as simple as that, or there's some crucial detail that I'm not replicating. I've got a folder full of exercise-related projects, including 3 folders. If I go to the Projects view, drill down into the Exercise folder, and tap All Actions, I get the expected view. Tap the Home page button on the iPod, launch the Mail application, tap the Home Page button again, launch OmniFocus, and I get the same view I had, whether I use my settings for Projects/Contexts (Remaining/Available) or yours (Available/Next).

If you view "all actions" without drilling down in to any folders, close and reopen, what happens? for me i get the "all actions screen, but it is blank.

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew.e View Post
If you view "all actions" without drilling down in to any folders, close and reopen, what happens? for me i get the "all actions screen, but it is blank.
Well, now, that's an interesting experiment! I go to the OF home page, tap on Projects, tap on All Actions, and get a list of projects and folders with some actions. If I then go to the Mail app and once again reopen OF, I get an All Actions screen populated with plenty of stuff, but it's the one from Contexts!

Thanks for helping narrow this down! It's a bug restoring the state of the top level All Actions list in Projects, and we've fixed it for 1.5.1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
Well, now, that's an interesting experiment! I go to the OF home page, tap on Projects, tap on All Actions, and get a list of projects and folders with some actions. If I then go to the Mail app and once again reopen OF, I get an All Actions screen populated with plenty of stuff, but it's the one from Contexts!
Interesting!

It would make sense that my screen is blank, i dont have\use contexts! :)