The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Project Start date query Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi

Thanks to the forums I've managed to locate where I can set the start date for the whole project, however the plan I'm trying to re-use is 3 years old, so my calendar now has 3 years of blank gantt chart preceding my new start date. I think the problem is caused by numerous tasks still anchored to their original start dates, hence they now show as violations.

How do I bring these up to date without editing each individual task?

Many thanks

james

Last edited by james_drury; 2010-07-29 at 02:06 AM..

Try this:

Select all the tasks that are three years behind. Bring up the "Task : Information" inspector and make sure the start dates are not locked. Also, click on the "Reset" button to make the tasks start "As early as constraints allow". This should push your tasks up to the project start date.

If it's still not working for you, send us the file and an email to omniplan@omnigroup.com and we can take a closer look.

A word of warning: if you've constructed your project by assigning dates to everything by hand (either typing them in or dragging in the Gantt chart) rather than having OmniPlan figure it all out based on dependencies and resources, the new version will need considerable work!