The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Top & bottom margins Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I read the earlier post about varying paragraph spacing: Activating the rulers (View>Rulers) was suggested. Did that and found I could alter the left and right margins, but still can't see where to alter top and bottom margins. In the relevant inspector, the top & bottom margins control is greyed-out and therefore inactive. This has proven a bit of a problem when fitting text into non-rectangular shapes - the text box goes very close to the edge of the shape, and the text goes very close to the edge of the text box within the shape.

Hope that makes some sort of sense, and that someone can tell me what I'm missing.

Fantastic forum by the wayhttp://forums.omnigroup.com/images/smilies/redface.gif

To have the Top/Bottom Margin option become active you have to be using the Wrap to Shape - Resize to Fit setting of the text flow (indicated by the arrow below):

Thanks JKT. It's a pity that that information did not show up when I looked in Help. Perhaps Omni will look at the details included in that facility ... their pretty darn good at everything else.
http://forums.omnigroup.com/images/smilies/smile.gif