The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

How to open OF with a default Perspective? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi there,

This is probably a very basic question (but one I haven't been able to work out yet!) - how can I set a default perspective so that when OmniFocus opens it will go straight to the view that I want?

Every time I open OF, it goes to a view where I don't have the Toolbar, and to a view that I never use. It doesn't remember the view I had when I closed the window or shut the program down. Is there a way to set up the default opening view (eg. a perspective)?

Cheers

Hi GreenLorax

Have had OF for a few weeks and I've being trying to do the same - start it in a perspective of my choice but without any success. If their is anyone who knows how to do this please let us know.

Thanks

Whatever view you have when quitting OF is the one displayed when invoking OF.

Thanks
Yes - quit works and I get my last used view when I reopen OF. But it doesn't work for me when I shut down my laptop without quitting OF. The next time I invoke OF it displays what must be a default view (All Items) not the one I left it on.

You can use the same trick as the one for OmniWeb's Workspaces - navigate to your OmniFocus folder in ~/Library/Application Support/ and drag the Perspectives folder to the right side of your Dock so that you have easy access to it. When you want to launch in a specific perspective, select it from the folder in your Dock. OmniFocus will then open in that perspective (you can also use it to open different perspectives in a new window while the app is already running).

Edit: However, it would be better if there was a built-in UI for doing this (e.g. that you would invoke by holding down shift when launching to present a perspective picker).

<bug://bugs/42448> (There should be a default perspective for when you open OmniFocus or when you create a new window without explicitly choosing a perspective)

attached this thread to our internal tracking.