The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Uncheck All? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I accidentally pressed a checkbox to a parent, with a *lot* of nested children. I tried selecting all, and choosing not completed, but the check's still remain. How do you Uncheck all the checkboxes?

Thanks,

Bruce

In the future, just do an undo command (command-Z) when you make a mistake like this (I'm not sure if OmniFocus has a history of undos or not so it might be limited to only one undo if it hasn't).

However, you can also select all the items that you want to uncheck and right click to show the contextual menu and deselect completed:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKT View Post
In the future, just do an undo command (command-Z) when you make a mistake like this (I'm not sure if OmniFocus has a history of undos or not so it might be limited to only one undo if it hasn't).
OmniFocus does have a history of undos; they generally go back to the last time you closed the database or synced changes from another copy of OmniFocus.

Thanks Ken. Nice to know (I just haven't needed to do more than one undo so far).

An easy way is to select all the rows and press the spacebar. If some aren't checked, it first checks them. Then the second time you press it, they are all unchecked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abh19 View Post
An easy way is to select all the rows and press the spacebar. If some aren't checked, it first checks them. Then the second time you press it, they are all unchecked.
Unfortunately, abh, this doesn't work for child items. Just top level items in that particular project.

Select all the rows by clicking on the first row, then shift-clicking on the last row. Right-click, then select Complete from the popup menu. Unlike the spacebar, this will change the state of all the selected rows, not just the top-level ones.