The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Um... OF on iPad Turned Sync Off Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Okay, so I start up OF on the iPad just a minute ago, and I notice that the sync progress indicator in the upper left corner of the screen is gray. Hm... So I check sync settings, and what do you know but the iPad has decided that it no longer wants to sync. In other words, even though I never changed anything and sync has been working just fine for a month or so, this morning the iPad automatically set itself to "Don't Sync."

Why? What happened? Anyone else see this happen?

Strange - I've never heard of that happening before, and I'm not aware of any code in the app that would do that. Only thing I can think of is the prefs file got corrupted somehow.

If it happens again for some reason, can you send us an email? It's possible tho console logs on the device can shed some light on what happened.

Certainly. I got sync working again, which wasn't difficult to do, just a bit scary to see sync turned off on its own. That was the only time it ever happened, and knock on wood it won't happen again, but if it does, I'll e-mail directly.

My syncing has started misbehaving - today for the first time since buying OF for iPad (on the day of release ;) ) it won't sync. I noticed that the sync icon had a red '!' inside it. I thought, oh it's just because my iMac was asleep. So, I woke my iMac and tapped sync and it said:

"Unable to synchronise database with server. timed out". Cancel / Retry.

I click Retry and it says the same now, though the last time I tried that it said something about not being able to trust the certificate. Anyway, it doesn't want to sync. I just tried syncing OF on my iPod touch and it's quite happy but OF on the iPad will not play ball.

I've just seen the other message on the iPad:

"Unable to synchronise database with server. untrusted server certificate". Cancel / Retry.

I've restarted OF for iPad and iMac and still no joy.
OF for iPad 1.0.2, OF for Mac 1.8, OS X 10.6.4

May need to contact support.

Last edited by KiltedGreen; 2010-09-12 at 01:32 PM.. Reason: Found the other message