The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Feature Request: Insert Quick Entry at top of project Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi guys,

A quick suggestion. I'm using OmniFocus to get the next item to be working on, but frequently while working on this item, complications arise and I need to add either a subitem to the current item, or just a whole new item.

Currently, Quick Entry adds the new entry to the BOTTOM of the project which implies that it is automatically the LAST thing to be done.. for my purposes it's either the NEXT thing or a sub item of the current item, so it should go either into the first item, second item or be a sub item of the current top item, e.g.

Before:

--
CURRENT
... lots ... of other items
--

after input what happens currently is:
--
CURRENT

NEW ENTRY
--

while what I would like to have is either:

--
NEW ENTRY
CURRENT
--

or

--
CURRENT
-> NEW ENTRY
--

or

--
CURRENT
NEW ENTRY
--

Best regards,

Frank

It might be nice if Option-Save on the QE dialog inserted the item at the top of the project and regular save at the bottom. I found I want both. Sometimes I think of a new next action to get a project moving. Other times, I'm brainstorming a list of items to be completed in order, so want to add new items at the end.

As always, use Help → Send Feedback to submit bug reports and feature suggestions to get them entered in the development database. (See this sticky thread at the top of the forum for details.)

Curt