The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Alias linking lost! OOP 3.6 Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi--

I use the ability to link file aliases (CTRL-drag) to items in my kGTD file very frequently. For some reason, I seem to have lost the ability to do that, for no apparent reason (i.e., it was working yesterday!). I can still get aliases (and files) to link as *children* of an item, but not inline with the item itself, which is what I usually do.

Here's what I've done to try to fix the problem:

-- Sync kGTD, then link alias (nope)
-- Save kGTD file, then link alias (nope)
-- Quit and restart OOP, open kGTD file, then link alias (nope)
-- Restart computer, open kGTD file, then link alias (nope)
-- Create a new OOP file, then link alias (nope)

I'm wondering if some bit somewhere in the preferences got flipped or something. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
--Mike

Hi Mike-

If you want to drop the alias inline with a row, you need to have OmniOutliner focused in that row before you drag the file in. If you have nothing selected, or a whole row selected, it will insert the alias as a new row.

--
Derek M.
Support Ninja
The Omni Group

Wow, I feel dumb. I guess I was doing that inadvertantly in the past -- needless to say, everything's fine.

Thanks!

--Mike