The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

OmniGraffle file/directory confusion Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,

This is really weird...

I wanted to upload an OmniGraffle file to a Basecamp project, but the file selection dialog showed the file grayed out, so it wasn't selectable.

Get Info for the file showed that I had Read/Write permissions, so I went to Terminal and did a "ls -lah" in the file's directory. Surprisingly, the file was a directory!

But I can double-click on the file/directory in Finder and OmniGraffle opens it just fine.

Back in Terminal, I can cd to the file/directory and list its contents. There's a bunch of TIFFs (that are part of the file's content) and a data.plist that is the rest of the document.

I've done a Save As from OmniGraffle and even these copies act like directories but are openable by OmniGraffle.

Anyone have an idea what's happened here?

Thanks,

Phil

The file is being saved as a file package (which are executable directories in Mac OS X), you can go to the Document Inspector and force it to save as a "flat" file instead.

By default, if you place an image into an OmniGraffle document, it will get saved out as a file package.

Hope that helps,

Yep, sure does help. Thanks!