The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

How do I start over (new database) Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I would like to start all over with Omnifocus and I was wondering: How do I create a completely blank database to start over with?

Yours faithfully
Daniel V. Nielsen

I'm guessing you'd have to un-install and re-install the application .
I'm thinking the database would go with the files .
Especially if you have something like " hazel folder cleaner " installed .

I think you can just delete all your projects, folders, and actions. Make sure the view in the left hand bar of your omnifocus window is set to "all projects". This is critical if you want to delete your completed or dropped tasks too. Delete anything you see under the top "Library" folder.

To completely remove your database, quit OmniFocus, move aside or delete ~/Library/Application Support/OmniFocus/OmniFocus.ofocus, then restart.

If you want any perspectives gone as well, you can just move aside or delete that whole folder (~/Library/Application Support/OmniFocus). Those are the only two things in that folder for me, but I won't swear that OmniFocus never puts anything else there, so you may want to look first and see if there are any other resources in that folder that you want to save.

Thank you very much.