The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

location reminder timing Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
From the limited experience I have with actually using location reminders, I have one major annoyance. I have a "leaving work" and "arriving work" location based contexts with the corresponding setup...but for my situation location reminders don't work very well, because....I'm at a hospital and our campus is huge. It takes 10-15 min to navigate to my office after finding parking in the garage, walking thru the belly of the beast, and thru all the badged doors etc. Along this journey with Bilbo, I've ran into 6 co-workers needing something, have 5 new tasks, and handfuls of papers to go thru be. By this time my brain has long since left the reminder that popped up to do sometime when arriving, as it mostly likely appeared 10-15 minutes ago while i was still in the car, and has now melted back into my due today list, or worse, I didn't set a due date/time because my schedule is so fluid, and its now somewhere in Mordor, possibly Mt. doom. I don't have a super fixed schedule, so using due times doesn't work very well either.

The ideal situation would be to be able to add a timer/delay to location based reminders, like "checkmark" does (feature request?). Again, using the "arriving home" context doesn't work very well, as I like to get home, kick off my shoes, and relax for a bit.

With that being said, anyone have any tips on using/implementing location reminders with "arriving"? Departing works well enough just by setting the radius size, you can set a sort of delay, but i've found the arriving almost completely useless as they always go off before I've actually, "arrived"

Last edited by mavric; 2012-08-02 at 03:09 PM..

I don't use those location reminders much myself, so I'm having trouble thinking up a solution other than the radius-manipulation you mentioned. (Centering the "Arriving" ones on your desk & setting them to the smallest radius is all I got, if you haven't already.)

That said, I'll be happy to write up a feature request on the timed delay idea so we can think about adding that in the future. Hope that helps at least a little bit.

I am facing same problem when I bought new iPhone and I don't understand functionality of it. I do not see anywhere it allows to remind you based on a location. I think you will need to create an iCloud account to access the location based reminders, until then it is only able to be set by date.