The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Perspectives - gone crazy? (94537) Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I just updated my copy of OF, I now have four copies of every perspective. I removed all my saved perspectives, made some new ones - but they don't seem to take effect. Eg/ My 'work' perspective is sorted by due date and filtered by 'available' according to the perspective window, but when I switch to the perspective it sorts by context and filters by remaining.

[aslo sent via feedback]

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyleigh View Post
I just updated my copy of OF, I now have four copies of every perspective. I removed all my saved perspectives, made some new ones - but they don't seem to take effect. Eg/ My 'work' perspective is sorted by due date and filtered by 'available' according to the perspective window, but when I switch to the perspective it sorts by context and filters by remaining.

[aslo sent via feedback]

I have a similar problem. Is probably due to the filter settings: they don't seem to stick. I can put my main filter (first one) as DUE, but as soon as I quit OF it forgets that.

Quote:
I don't have extra copies of my perspectives, but the ones I have are not grouped, sorted, or filtered (available vs remaining) properly. Build 94539.

The perspectives do not save the filters correctly.
Saving a perspective and calling it again later doesn't restore the state of the filters properly. The perspectives function is broken at the moment.

Revision: 94539

I'm seeing the same thing

Although I have only three perspectives, it's hard to use OmniFocus without them filtering and sorting correctly.

Is it safe to revert to the latest-1 release?

Hey All,

I just noticed this and the next build should have it fixed. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Confirmed fixed in build 94573. I'm still getting more copies of my perspectives, trying to work out some repeatable steps to send you.

Quote:
Confirmed fixed in build 94573. I'm still getting more copies of my perspectives, trying to work out some repeatable steps to send you.
Perspectives are going through a little flux right now and are getting a facelift, so any issues you encounter, and comments you have, are very welcome.

Also, I didn't see the duplicate bug in my testing, so please do send in steps if you can.

I'm seeing some strange things happen when I invoke perspectives (v94800 OS X 10.4.8).

When I invoke a perspective in Context mode, the Project mode view is also changed, even though the perspective is only supposed to apply to the context mode. Similar stuff happens in reverse.

Also, the little 'x' button on the view bar is disappearing and reappearing in unexpected ways.

Is anybody else having similar experiences?

Last edited by eronel; 2007-11-20 at 08:53 AM.. Reason: add version