The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraphSketcher > OmniGraphSketcher for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

OmniGraphSketcher for iPad FAQ (updated 4/15/2010) Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
What does cost from the App Store?
OmniGraphSketcher for iPad is $14.95

Is there a discount if I buy OmniGraphSketcher for Mac and OmniGraphSketcher for iPad?
OmniGraphSketcher for Mac and OmniGraphSketcher for iPad are separate products, with lots of independent work going into each one. We're generally quite happy to offer bundle pricing for products purchased through our own online store, but there's no way to do that when selling through the App Store. We've tried to make sure that each product is priced reasonably based on individual feature sets, and we hope you'll agree that both products become even more valuable when you use them together.

If I have more than one iPad, how many copies of OmniGraphSketcher for iPad do I need?
Just one; similar to music or iPod game purchases, one license covers any device you personally use and control, up to a limit of five devices. Note that this is determined by the App Store Terms and Conditions.

Do I have to pay for future updates?
The App Store policy and the longstanding Omni Group policy agree: minor updates should be free. Of course, if there is a major overhaul of the application with lots of shiny new features, we may release it as a new product, and that would cost money. But bug fixes, minor features, and miscellaneous polishing come at no cost (we plan on aggressively updating OmniGraphSketcher for iPad 1.0).

Can I use OmniGraphSketcher for iPad with existing documents I've made with OmniGraphSketcher for Mac?
Yes, OmniGraphSketcher for iPad will work with documents made on the desktop version of OmniGraphSketcher and vice versa; currently the easiest way to transfer files from Mac to iPad is via email.

Can I import data from other applications on my iPad?
Yes! We couldn't fit this feature into version 1.0, but in OmniGraphSketcher for iPad 1.1 (released April 15), you can copy and paste comma- and tab-delimited text, as well as HTML tables, directly into OmniGraphSketcher.

Oh, man! The feature that I *really* wanted isn't in OmniGraphSketcher for iPad!
Given the very short development schedule, some of features you may be used to on the desktop version of OmniGraphSketcher aren't present in OmniGraphSketcher for iPad 1.0. Fear not, we're planning on aggressively updating the iPad application to take advantage of the user experience available on the iPad now that there's more time to do so. Please do send feedback on what you'd like to see in future releases!

Last edited by dave_m; 2010-04-15 at 09:38 AM..