The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OW 5.5.1 peeks? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Is there any news on the 5.5.1 betas/sneaky peeks? I just wanted to be sure that I hadn't missed an announcement, as my Basecamp is in need of some updated WebKit lovin'!

They haven't gone public yet. I guess that OmniGroup must have hit some hurdle as they indicated that it would be out pretty soon over a week or so ago, IIRC.

IIRC, I said that we would be doing private betas within the week--hopefully sneaky peeks. Troy decided that private betas made more sense given the current state--too many regressions due to the new text field implementation in WebKit for his taste... (my vote was to release them anyway--but then again, I don't have to handle all the emails)

oh please release it! i promise that i won't send any mail ;)

Ditto! If I make a solemn vow never to send Troy an email again, may I have a sneaky peek? Or private beta?

It's been a while since I've been able to use OW as my sole browser, and I can't wait to get back to that. (My one problem is that I'm a heavy user of Basecamp and Backpack.) After experiencing all OW can do, every other browser drives me nuts. My sanity is therefore at stake.

It's not that Troy doesn't want emails about the browser, but I'm guessing he doesn't want emails like "I was surfing the web, OmniWeb did something weird. Please tell me how to fix it. Thanks."

I think the text in the crash catcher (which didn't used to be there) is a tell-tale sign that people were filling in insufficient details to help them figure stuff out. I know I still do that sometimes because I don't have a clue what happened. Sometimes I just type "afk" because I was afk when it crashed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Len Case
IIRC, I said that we would be doing private betas within the week--hopefully sneaky peeks.
My apologies... mis-remembered the post you had made about it.

There used to be a private beta list for Omniweb, but then the forums seemed to take over. Am I right in thinking that the old beta list is now defunct?

I believe so... we transitioned most of our product mailing lists to the forums.

Beta coming (very) soon!